Just the TIP Tuesday - Don't Poison The Present
Just the TIP Tuesday - One tip at a time
Bringing you weekly TIP’s on Transformation, Inspiration, and Purpose.
007. Don’t Poison The Present
Hi friends! Thanks for stopping by for today’s Just The TIP Tuesday! Today’s TIP “Don’t Poison The Present” was inspired by a horoscope a friend recently sent me! It really summed up why it is so important to live in the present and not dwell over our past, or worry about our future.
“Deep down you know that the truth is going to come out eventually in a situation that has been causing you a lot of anxiety and upset. The problem is that you feel you need to know the whole truth right now and you may think you won’t be able to rest until you do. But you can’t control what happens here any more than you can control how you react to this state of uncertainty. Rest assured that you will have satisfaction soon, but in the meantime, don’t poison the present with anxiety about an unresolved issue.”
We can’t change the past and we can’t control the future, but we sure can enjoy the present! I know for myself, I just need this daily reminder to help direct me back to the present moment whenever I start to take a detour into my past.
In this very present moment, you decided to take the time to read a blog post that might be valuable to your life and make it a little better today. It might even help you with something you’re currently going through; just like that horoscope did for me.
Speaking of daily reminders, I love reading affirmations and positive quotes, so today I want to give you some of my favorite quotes that help me stay present and master the moment.
6 MASTER THE MOMENT QUOTES
1. “The present is the only moment available to us, and it is the door to all moments.”
2. “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.”
3. “Don’t cry over the past, it’s gone. Don’t stress about the future, it hasn’t arrived. Live in the present and make it beautiful.”
4. “What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now.”
5. “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.”
6. “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called THE PRESENT.”
The past is gone. The future is unknown. Be present…it is a true gift.
Always a pleasure spending ‘moments’ with you on a Tuesday! Catch y’all next week!