Just the TIP Tuesday - Give Back
Just the TIP Tuesday - One tip at a time
Bringing you weekly TIP’s on Transformation, Inspiration, and Purpose.
008. Give Back
Happy Tuesday y’all – Tis the season to GIVE BACK! A fitting TIP as we approach Christmas. Too often, when we think of giving, we think of gifts, and when we hear the word “GIFT” we think of a shiny package with a bow on top. When I think of the word Gift, I don’t think of the material item I can hold – I think about what I can give. I truly believe, in giving…we receive.
My mom recently asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I had to think a long time, because I don’t NEED anything to survive. I have everything I need and more. There are so many people out there who don’t have all their needs met. For that reason, it’s especially important during the holidays to give to those who are truly in need.
I encourage you to be as involved as possible in your community and find ways you can volunteer your time now and in the year ahead.
The best gift you can give? Your time and attention to others.
10 Ways to Give Back
1. Show up to donate your time at a local food drive
2. Throw a holiday party and have everyone bring a can of food to donate to a local food drive
3. Set up a collection jar at your home/apartment for your extra change and choose a charity to receive your donation
4. Sign up for a charity run with friends – great way to give back, connect with friends and get some exercise (win-win-win)
5. Propose holding a contest at work (21 days of fitness) – have employees pick a charity they support and the winner donates money raised to his/her favorite charity
6. Offer your services to local charity fundraiser for a raffle (ie. if you’re a yoga instructor, you could donate complementary yoga sessions)
7. Find a local retirement home where you can spend time with the elderly (they may not have family visiting them over the holidays)
8. Volunteer to help feed the homeless or donate items (clothing, toiletries, etc)
9. Offer a smile and a hello to a stranger
10. Volunteer for a beach cleanup or local park cleanup
As we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, our special gift can always be found in remembering the reason for the season.
Happy Holidays friends!
Love you all!